Putting Others First
Get Started: Icebreaker/Questions
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and could take one person with you, where would you go and who would you take?
GET SPIRITUAL: BIBLE VERSES/SPIRITUAL APPLICATIONS
- LOOK UP AND READ James 1:27 TOGETHER.
- What does it mean to really care for someone?
- Who is the most caring person you have ever met? How did they impact your life?
- James specifically mentions orphans and widows, why do you think out of all the needy people in the world he chose those two?
- In the last part of verse 27 it says...refusing to let the world corrupt you. How does the world corrupt you?
- Do you think there is a correlation between the act of "caring" and not allowing the world to "corrupt"? How?
- GET PRACTICAL
- How can you begin to care for orphans and widows?
- How can you make that happen??
- GET PRAYING
- Pray for Sam and Jessica and the orphans they are caring for.
- Pray for students to begin to think and act as if they really believe Others First