Putting Others First
Get Started: Icebreaker/Questions
- If you could prove the existence of any mythical creature what would it be and why?
If you could make one movie become real-and live in it- what would it be and why?
- What did you think of this week's video? What stood out to you most? What's something you learned or can take away?
- Do you find putting others first the most natural thing to do or not? why?
GET SPIRITUAL: BIBLE VERSES/SPIRITUAL APPLICATIONS
- LOOK UP AND READ Micah 6:8 TOGETHER.
- What does it mean to do what is right in this life we live? Is that a difficult thing to do, why or why not?
- Talk about someone in your life that you found to be humble. How did that person impact your life?
- Read Acts 16:16-24
- How did the slave girls owner's look at her? Did they treat her like a person or an object? Have you ever been treated like an object? How did that make you feel?
- How did Paul look at the slave girl? Did he treat her like a person an object? How do you know?
- What happens when we look at others as objects instead of people? How does that make us willing to hurt them?
- Before Paul met Jesus he would not have cared about this little girl...How does Jesus turn us from hurters to healers?
- GET PRACTICAL
- How can we move from a perspective that causes us to put ourselves first and hurt others?
- How can you make that happen?
- Who can you put before yourself this week?
- GET PRAYING
- Pray for students who need to stop something?
- Pray for students who need to start something...