Episode 1 XFACTOR
I AM XCEPTIONAL BECAUSE GOD REMOVES THE X FACTOR
GET STARTED: ICEBREAKER/QUESTIONS
1. Go around the room, introduce yourself and share a crazy, highly adventurous feat you would like to do, or wish you could have enough guts/faith to do! (Think bungee jumping, rock climbing, skydiving etc)
2. Talk about highs and lows from Summer break.
3. How do you feel about being back in school? Why?
4. What’s something new going on in your life?
5. What did you think of this week’s message? What stood out to you most? What’s something you learned or can take away?
GET SPIRITUAL: BIBLE VERSES/SPIRITUAL APPLICATONS
- Look up and read Galatians 3:26-4:7 together.
- What makes us sons and daughters of God? How did God remove the XFACTOR? How is this an Xceptional Identity?
- Do we treat all of God's children as exceptional? Why or why not? Why is it important for us to do this?.
- Why do you think God wants to relate to us as Father? How can we relate to Him as Father.
- Is it hard to believe that God wants to be the perfection of our earthly father? Why or why not?
GET PRACTICAL: ACTION STEPS
- What’s one thing that you need to do to take a step toward a greater authentic faith?
- How can you make those things happen?
- How can we as a group help you with that?
- Who do you need to help you with those things?
- Pray for students who need to stop something.
- Pray for students who need to start something.
- Pray for the start of a new school year.
- Either have a leader pray, a student pray, or students pray for each other.