I AM XTRAORDINARY BECAUSE I AM GAVE HIS SON
GET STARTED: ICEBREAKER/QUESTIONS
1. Would you rather go back in time and change something from your past or go forward in time and see your future? Why?
2. Talk about highs and lows from the start of school.
3. How do you feel about being back in school? Why?
4. What’s something new going on in your life?
5. What did you think of this week’s message? What stood out to you most? What’s something you learned or can take away?
GET SPIRITUAL: BIBLE VERSES/SPIRITUAL APPLICATONS
- Look up and read Galatians JOHN 8:48-59 together.
- What did Jesus claim about himself in this passage?
- How do we react to Jesus in ways like the Jews did here? What are some things that Jesus calls us to do that are difficult to do?
- Why is it important that Jesus is the Son of God and not just a good moral teacher? How does this affect the promises He makes? How does this affect your life?
- How does it make you feel to know you are made in the image of God? How does that change the way we view ourselves? How does that change the way we treat others?
GET PRACTICAL: ACTION STEPS
- What’s one thing that you need to do to take a step toward a greater authentic faith?
- How can you make those things happen?
- How can we as a group help you with that?
- Who do you need to help you with those things?
- Pray for students who need to stop something.
- Pray for students who need to start something.
- Pray for the start of a new school year.
- Either have a leader pray, a student pray, or students pray for each other.