I AM X-PLOSIVE BECAUSE GOD GAVE HIS SPIRIT
GET STARTED: ICEBREAKER/QUESTIONS
1. Tell about your favorite concert or sporting event that you went to. Why was it your favorite?
2. If you could be any sports figure or musician who would you want to be and why?
3. What is it that is x-plosive about that persons life that impacts other people?
4. What did you think of this week’s message? What stood out to you most? What’s something you learned or can take away?
GET SPIRITUAL: BIBLE VERSES/SPIRITUAL APPLICATONS
- Look up and read JOHN 16:5-16 together.
- Why did Jesus say it was better for the disciples for him to leave and the Spirit to come? Does this statement surprise you? Do you think it surprised the disciples? Do you think it is true? Why?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?What does the Holy Spirit x-pose in our lives?
- What messages does the Holy Spirit bring us?
GET PRACTICAL: ACTION STEPS
- How can we put ourselves in a position to hear the Holy Spirit? What practices do we need to make a part of our lives to do this?
- How can you make those things happen?
- How can we as a group help you with that?
- How can we be sure the messages we hear are from the Holy Spirit? (Alignment with Scripture)
- How does the Holy Spirit help us live an authentic faith?
- Pray for students who need to stop something.
- Pray for students who need to start something..
- Either have a leader pray, a student pray, or students pray for each other.