Bottom Line: God will use your guardrails not just to protect you; but to direct you.
This week is about giving students a chance to really process how they feel about the idea of guardrails so that they can make a decision to establish some in their won lives. Be sure to give space for students to talk honestly about whether or not they feel ready to commit to some personal guardrails. The goal is not to get students to agree but to wrestle so that they walk away understanding the importance of guardrails. Give them time and help them by continuing the conversation even after this series is over.
- What was the top thing that stood out in todays video for you?
- Now thats we've spent a few weeks talking about guardrails, can you give a definition of what a guardrail looks like in a person's life?
- Do you believe that guardrails are important? Can you think of a time in your life when having them may have saved you from a lot of pain and regret? (Small Group Leader may want to insert personal story here)
- Have you set up any guardrails since we began this series? How is it going for you?
- In the video Joey said that guardrails not only protect you but direct you... Do you think that God can really direct your life by the guardrails that you set up? Why or why not?
- How do you think creating guardrails will affect other people in your lives, such as friends, parents and siblings?