Bottom Line: When I position myself to hear from God, I can do what God says.
1. What are some things that can distract us from hearing God's voice? Are these necessarily bad things? Explain
2. Do you think solitude is important? How can solitude help us to hear God more clearly What are some ways we can practice solitude in our lives?
3. How can we balance our need for solitude with our need to be around other people and love other people? What should this balance look like in our lives?
4. Do you think silence is important for your life? Is it easy or difficult in our culture today to find silence?
5. How can silence help us to hear God more clearly? What are some ways we can practice silence in our lives?
6. How can we balance our need for silence with our need to be in conversations with other people? What should this balance look like?
Leader Thoughts: Questions to help you as a small group leader process what we are teaching in the lesson. Answer these questions before you begin putting your talk together.
1. How do you hear God's voice? Is there a specific instance of this that you can share with your students? When have you felt as though you missed God's voice? How can you share that experience with your students?
2. How do you incorporate solitude into your own life? What ways work best for you? What ways do other people you know incorporate solitude into their lives? How can you share these ideas with your students?
3. What is your greatest struggle in finding silence? How have you worked through it personally?
4.How do you incorporate silence into your own life? What ways work best for you? What ways do other people you know incorporate silence into their lives? How can you share these ideas with your students?